Welcome to The OT Potential Club!

Hello! I am so excited to continue my education in the OT world!

2 Likes

Excited to have you, @monica24! There is so much to learn, and it has been incredible to get to learn in community with fellow OT professionals :slight_smile:

Hello :wave: I love stickers :star_struck:

2 Likes

Me too!!! We have so much fun making a new one each year! Will get yours in the mail soon!

Hello! I am an OT with a mental health private practice in Washington State. My clients are adults with functional deficits related to mental health diagnoses, chronic illness and/or (mostly and) neurodivergence. I particularly like to work with folks diagnosed with neurodivergence as adults, or who are dealing with burnout. I also love working with sensory processing and interoception issues. Happy to be joining the OT Potential community! Horizonviewft.com is my website.

2 Likes

@mollie1 so fun to have you in here! I loved looking at your website! I’ve never seen the term functional therapy. Is this a term that you coined or is this a larger movement that I don’t know about? I am definitely a fan of the term!

Hi Sarah! Thanks for checking out my website and for the feedback :slight_smile: The term functional therapy came from a conversation I had with a mentor when I was just starting to plan my private practice. The name occupational therapy has never served our profession well - it’s just unclear! There are very few of us OTs out in WA State who work with adults specifically on mental health, and even providers have no idea what OT is, so I wanted something that more directly described what I do!

1 Like

Hello! Happy to have this resource as a new practitioner. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello! It’s nice to “meet” you all! I am excited to dig into all of the resources available here and make more OT connections.

2 Likes

So great to have you in here, @candice4! I have met so many INCREDIBLE OT professionals in here, and hope the same for you!!

Hello everyone! I’m excited to be here!

2 Likes

Hello Sarah

Thank you for the opportunity to join Club OT Potential. I am excited to progress my skills and connect on the platform.
Current focus as a clinical OT practitioner: children, families and individuals embracing Neurodiversity.
Specific interest in sensory processing differences.
Clinical practice: functional assessments, interventions utilising creative therapies; social rhythm, story, narrative, music and communication.
I welcome all ideas and support from the community.
Many thanks,
Adrienne NZ

Adrienne Beck Cullingford
Otago NZ

2 Likes

Loved your directory profile, @sstarks ! You are doing great work! And, I love it when OTAs transition to OTs! Does your business have website?

Welcome, @adrienne6!! Sounds like when have lots of shared interests! I’m curious what kind of setting you work in! I feel like OTs in NZ, work in such interesting (probably better) business models than lots of us get to here in the US!

Hi Everyone. I’m Deanna and I live in FL. I am an OT for the last 24 years. I am a business owner as well. I love working with people.

2 Likes

Welcome, @deanna4 ! I’m so glad you made a directory profile so I could see your business! I love how you feature the biopsychosocial approach on your site. That approach comes up so often in research! And, if you have time to listen to our podcast on FND (that comes out tomorrow) you’ll hear it in there as well!

1 Like

Thank You for this great source of information . Currently healing from a TKR and had some time to really explore this site . Been very interested in CRPS and enjoyed listening to Megan Doyle.

2 Likes

I hope your TKR healing goes smoothly, @marla2! I’m glad youre here, and I’m so glad you liked the episode with Megan! Our recent episode on FND actually is a great companion to that episode, because you get to hear about a model for true multidisciplinary care. @megan75 if you have time to listen to the FND episode, I would love to hear your take as well!!

#83: OT and Functional Neurological Disorder with Naoya Ogura

I LOVED the FND episode, I immediately downloaded the resource that was recommended in smart phone app format, and also did a great job explaining an interdisciplinary model. FND crosses over with a lot of the work that I do, and I see clients with FND as well, I appreciated the lifestyle emphasis as well as autonomic nervous system and sensory system regulation aspects.

1 Like

I’m SO GLAD to hear this!! I thought of you multiple times over the creation!!! And, I was nervous I wouldn’t do the topic justice since I personally was such a novice. But, @naoya and his team at re-active have clearly done THE WORK, in learning how to effectively educate on this topic!!