Welcome to The OT Potential Club!

Welcome, @vanessa4! It is great to have you!!!

Hello! This is a great platform to review and discuss best practice research and topics. I so appreciate it. Thank you.

1 Like

That is so great to hear, @Erin!! Thank you!! It is great to have you in here!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
My name is Sivan and I’m joining this forum from Israel. I have been practicing OT in mental health now for more than a decade and my studies focus on digital use and IADL for this population. Latly I joined the Laboratory for the study of Complex Human Activity and Participation - CHAP. We are working on a new website so I will share it when it is done (hopefully soon!).
Waiting forward to learning and contributing to this community :blush:

Wow!!! @sivan , I’m so excited to have you in here- and so excited about new job at CHAP. I’ll be curious to follow your work, and hopefully hear about the tools you all are developing. When the new website is launched, please let us know! And, let me know if you know of tools I should add to our assessment search!

OT Assessment Search

Great! I will organize what we have in English and send you. We work a lot with the The MultiContext Approach
(Joan Toglia — Multicontext). I keep exploring, and add whatever is new.

Hello everyone.
It is great to be apart of a dynamic group.

1 Like

Hi @latonya!! We are excited to have you in here! Let me know if there is anything we can help you with!!

Hi my name is Stacey and I am a home care-based occupational therapist in Connecticut working for the last eight years in this setting. CEUs have been a struggle with two little ones and the recent pandemic so a coworker recommended this site to utilize during travel time looking forward to exploring all your options and keeping up to date on research and hoping to hear some good information on geriatric/dementia/homecare based practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @stacey5! I’m so glad you found us- and that you were able to get signed up :upside_down_face:!

I also have two little kids at home- and this pandemic is what pushed me to start offering CEUs via podcast! I was just doing article reviews beforehand- but realized if people were keeping up with new research, they deserved to be getting credit for it!

During my license renewal last summer- I also had difficulty staying awake during video based content- even when it was really good!

Hello! My name is Bonnie and I am excited to be a part of this group! I have been an OT for 23 years in NY. I have been in academia for the last 2 years and am looking to expand my private practice. Looking forward to learning in this forum:)

1 Like

Hi @Bonnie66! It is so great to have you in this group! We love supporting both OT faculty and entrepreneurs! It will be great to have your perspective and questions in here!

Hello! My name is Megan, I live in Cincinnati and work in acute rehab and skilled nursing. I am excited to explore all of these resources here and to be a part of this community!

Welcome, @megan20! I love acute care! It is so great to have you here- let me know if you need anything!

Hello, Casey and all-- I’m always excited to learn of OTPs helping clients to achieve good jobs! One resource that I can recommend is VocFit, a collaborative project of U of CO, Ohio State U, and NIH. They have developed a bunch of great assessments and resources for those of us working with people with disabilities on career related goals.

1 Like

Hello everyone. Glad to join this club. I am a newbie … Hope to get to know and be connected with everyone here. I am Nurbieta from Malaysia.

1 Like

Hi Bonnie66

Seems we are in a same field…Are you a lecturer? Which university you’re working?

I’m Nurbieta from Malaysia.

1 Like

Hi Nurbieta,

I hope you are well! I am an Assistant Professor at Russell Sage College in NY. I do lectures, labs, and seminars. It’s very nice to meet you!

Bonnie

1 Like

Good day. My name is Sonja Kee and I reside in Pretoria South Africa…teaching in a small private school in Hammanskraal. Thanx for all the Info and oppertunity to make a difference
in the Private Sector.

2 Likes

It is great to have you Sonja!! You’re work sounds so incredible! I hope I get to hear more about it over the course of your time in the Club!