Welcome to The OT Potential Club!

I have a private direct pay/insurance outpatient practice with a focus on pain management, manual therapy, and posture. I also work in a for-profit SNF.

1 Like

Welcome @irvin!! It is so great to have you. I really hope to learn more about your practice over your time in the Club!! It sounds awesome.

Pain management comes up frequently in the research, so hopefully you will find some good sources in here. One of my FAVORITE articles we’ve read so far is. It not only changed how I thought about pain management, but our overall healthcare systems.

Providing chronic pain management in the “Fifth Vital Sign” Era

Hello all!

I’m happy to have a place to learn more each week about EBP in different areas with the convenience of this forum. So helpful. I’ve worked as a pediatric OT for the past 5 years in both early intervention and outpatient peds. Looking forward to learning more. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @michelle15!! Welcome!! It is so great to have another EI/OP Peds therapist!! I always love it when EI topics come up! A fun place for you to start looking around might be some of our EI documentation examples:

EI Eval (diagnosis: Down’s Syndrome)

Telehealth EI Development Eval

Hi! I am super excited about this platform. I work in pediatrics -currently outpatient and telehealth with a focus on feeding therapy.

1 Like

Welcome, @ciara1!! It is so great to have you! What an awesome focus area you have!! I know you’ve been looking around the site already, but I wanted to make sure you had seen these two articles. They seem right up your alley!

The Autism Managing Eating Aversions and Limited Variety Plan vs parent education

Occupation-Based Coaching by means of telehealth for families of young children with autism spectrum disorder

Hi, my name is Maggie Porpora. I am an OT in Westminster, MA and currently work in public schools and early intervention. I have worked with adults in past years but found my passion in pediatrics. I have been working as an OT for 35 years and am learning new skills all the time. The biggest hurdle is remote learning. Thankful to have found this website. Who knows what the fall will look like for schools.

I knew I recognized your name somewhere! :slight_smile: Probably on this FB group! I really enjoy the posts I see on there.

1 Like

Oh fun!! I used to run that group and loved it!! Luckily, my friend Laura Park Figueroa took over moderating it for me!!

Hello My name is Mary McNeela-Babicki and I have worked as an Occupational Therapy Assistant since 1995 graduating from the assistant program in Chicago at Wilbur Wright College. As of September 2019 I was layed off from a position in a .
SNF environment. I have had my eye on the changes not only from recent medicare but due to the COVID pandemic. My goal is to learn to rediscover OT as an OTA in this new environment. To find an environment where I can utlize my OT skills and my life skills at the age of 51 with two grade school children. I do have a bachelors degree in human resource development but I don’t think that will help pay the bills. I love OT due to it’s essential purpose of identifying the needs and motivation of people while guiding them to their life purpose. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to learning new techniques and philosophies regarding Occupational Therapy.

1 Like

Hi @mary19! Welcome, I am so sorry to hear about your job. I’m glad you’re here so we can support you in as you continue to move forward. Are there any settings in your area that you think may have openings? Or are there other avenues you’ve been exploring recently?

1 Like

Thank you…I am looking daily…What is also important to me is finding a fit for where I am in my life. I see various PRN and some full time every so often. Thank you again for your support and I am excited to be part of this club ! Thanks again Mary MB

1 Like

Hi! My name is Kendell and I am currently an OTA Student! I am excited to have the OT Potential Club as a resource and be able to learn from everyone else here. Thank you for creating this space!

1 Like

Welcome, @kendell!! We love having OTA students in the Club! It will be fun to accompany you as you grow from student to practitioner!

My name is Lorretta Gunn and I am currently in my 2nd year of OTA school. I love the OT potential club it has been very beneficial in my studies. I am currently looking for an an OTA or OT that works in an acute care setting to ask a few questions. If anyone would be interested. It is for an assignment, COVID restrictions have made it hard to interview OT’s in these types of settings. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @lorretta! I’m so glad you are enjoying the Club! If you are able to interview an OT who has worked in acute care in the past 5 years, I would be happy to answer your questions!

Greetings! OTR in practice for 35 years and working in a variety of environments including school, homes, group homes day programs. Supervise two COTAs & one sp. Ed teacher while presently mentoring an OTS. She is one reasons why Ive joined. Her knowledge about evidenced based practice is top notch and I want to challenge her and keep up :wink:
Also with the onset of the pandemic, many changes are occurring so rapidly both systematically and in practice that I love to hear others POV especially related to telehealth.

Happy I found you all!

I am excited to be able to use this to expand my knowledge and keep up to date with the most effective treatment strategies and have a forum for sharing information with other therapists desiring to do the best in their practice. Any assist on how to best utilize the info is welcomed.

1 Like

Hi @kristy2!! It is great to have you!! I’m curious what your area of practice is? I love your question about how best utilize the info the Club! I feel like I should make a welcome email that speaks to that question :slight_smile: Our goal in all of the content we create is to pull-out actionable takeaways, but definitely speak up in the comments when you have thoughts and questions! They topics we look at are usually pretty complex, so it helps so much to have multiple minds pooling their thoughts :slight_smile: